FOR ANDROID TABLETS
1) Why won’t the Tablet power on?
- The tablet may require charging. Plug the AC adapter into wall making sure the tablet has a proper connection and is charging.
- Try Connecting the tablet to a computer using the USB cable and see if the tablet is charging. If the tablet is charging there may be a problem with the AC adapter
2) Why is my tablet response slow when using the internet or downloading apps?
- Check your WiFi signal strength by going to SETTINGS > WIFI. Tap on the network you're connected to display WiFi signal strength.
- There may be automatic Google (app) updates downloading to the tablet in the background. Wait until downloads are complete before use.
- Close applications not in use as they continue to run in the background and consume battery resources.
3) What do I do if I forgot my password or the correct lock pattern?
Contact Customer Service via email email@example.com or (800) 890-1288 and you will be given instructions on how to perform a factory reset. Note: a factory reset will delete all personal data.
4) How much time should I expect to get from a battery charge when streaming Netflix, Youtube or other video content from the Internet?
Your tablet is using WiFi to access video content that commands greater battery resources. Consequently, your tablet will generally drain the battery within 3-4 hours.
5) Why am I getting less than 5-6 hours of battery life between charges?
Battery life between charges is dependent on many things that you have control over such as:
- When convenient Power Off the tablet completely when not in use. While in Sleep mode the tablet battery is active and continues to drain slightly.
- Close open applications that are not in use as they continue to run in the background and consume battery resources.
- Graphically oriented games and video streaming on the web consume a great amount battery power to provide you with a better user experience. Because the battery is working harder and expending more energy, the tablet will feel warmer. This is normal and to be expected.
- The brightness of the LCD display affects battery consumption. Try adjusting brightness control.
6) Why does my tablet freeze?
Similar to computers, cell phones, and laptops, tablets also freeze. Usually, freezing occurs from overloading the processor, running too many App’s at the same time, or using the tablet while updates take place in the background. If you notice the tablet acting sluggish, check the notification bar for any updates and downloads or other unused apps that are open.
7) Why are some Google Play Applications (Apps) not compatible with my tablet?
When developers make apps, they have to specify any hardware/software requirements such as if the app needs GPS,telephony features, or if it will only work on a certain Android operating systems. Another reason it may be incompatible by Google Play is that it is set to require a certain screen resolution - or maybe portrait/landscape mode defaults.
8) What should I do if my tablet won’t connect to the Internet?
- Make sure the WI-FI setting on your tablet is set to ON.
- Verify you’re SSID and password is correct on your router. (Typically, you only need to set this one time and the Tablet will remember it in the future.)
- Check that your Firewalls are not blocking the tablet from connecting to the Internet.
- Note: your wireless router must support WI-FI 802.11b/g. If your router supports 802.11n make sure it’s configured to accept 802.00b/g. To ensure that you are making the correct text entry enable SHOW PASSWORD located below the password entry.
9) How can I sync my email to the Tablet?
To sync your email to the Tablet, go to SETTINGS, scroll down to PERSONAL and select ACCOUNTS & SYNC. Select ADD ACCOUNT in the upper right corner. A pop-up window will appear giving you the option to add a corporate, regular, or Google email account (including Gmail). Select the type of account to sync with the tablet and follow the prompts. You will be asked for an email address, username and password.
10) Why won’t my Tablet play certain audio files?
The tablet plays most popular open, non-digital rights management (DRM) multimedia music formats. It also plays audio files purchased and downloaded from the Google Play store although content may have limitations with regard to playing and/or copying files to other devices. Check the Google Play store for details.
11) Why won’t my Tablet play certain video files?
Check that the video file you’re intending to play is in the correct size formatted in a popular and well recognized file type. Some files will need to be re-encoded into a compatible-formatted file to play on the tablet.
12) Do I need to let the battery drain before I recharge the Tablet?
No. However, it’s usually a good idea to charge the Tablet before it reaches 5% power. When the battery is low a warning message will prompt you to plug the Tablet into power.
13) Can I upgrade the processor or Android operating system?
No. Any attempt to upgrade the hardware or change the operating system on the tablet may void the Warranty and may compromise the operation of the tablet.
14) The tablet will not connect to my computer via USB. What can be the problem?
Make sure your tablet is on and connect the tablet to the computer using the USB cable. If your using a Windows 7 or higher than your computer will find the driver to convert the tablet as a mass storage unit (MTP)
15) Why can’t I download files from my computer?
- Does the tablet have sufficient memory to store the file you would like to download? Look up available space. Go to SETTINGS, then STORAGE. Under DEVICE, look under INTERNAL STORAGE for AVAILABLE. Compare the available amount of memory to the size of the file you’re attempting to download.
- Your tablet features a memory card slot to expand storage capacity for up to an additional 32GB with an optional TF memory card. You may also download files to a card first then insert into tablet.
16) How do I display a different language than the one shown?
Go into SETTINGS, then PERSONAL; under LANGUAGE & INPUT select LANGUAGE. Select the language you want displayed.
17) Can NuVision repair my Tablet if the glass display breaks or if I drop it in water?
Please read the Warranty Statement at the end of the instruction manual. This type of damage is not covered by the NuVision Warranty so contact NuVision Customer Service to learn about available options.
18) Who can I call for support and how do I register my tablet?
Call NuVision Digital’s Customer Service at (800) 890-1288. Hours: 8:30am to 5:30pm, PST Monday through Friday. You can register your tablet HERE